Irish Castle Tours
Magnificent Irish Castles litter the stunning landscapes
Ireland's verdant green countryside is dotted with castles, from imposing stately edifices to atmospheric ruins, and no visit is complete without climbing to the turret top of at least one of these beauties. Whether you're looking for weekend activities to keep busy, or you fancy swatting up on your Celtic legends and Irish history, Ireland Discovery Tours pick the best Irish castles for you to explore.
Join us for an overnight at one of Irelands luxury Castles. We endeavour to enhance your experience with a guided tour of your chosen area. So from Mayo to Leitrim or Donegal to Cavan, the choice is entirely yours.
Contact us for your group rate.
Castles of Ireland
Most castles you'll see in Ireland are less than ostentatious; they were not built to be the royal palaces that you'll find in Britain, as Ireland has had no royalty for a thousand years. Instead they were fortified homes for chieftains, or Anglo Norman settlers and were designed primarily for defence. Many of these castles are medieval in origin, dating from the 11th to the 15th century. While some of the more elaborate and elegant castles you may find owe their origins to the flamboyant Georgian era or the neo gothic revival in the Victorian Age.
All of our tours can be customised to meet your needs, just contact us for more information
- Pick up from your local centre, Airport or Ferry Port
- Tours accompanied by Failte Ireland Guide with Commentary
- Dinner B&B at a 4 star Hotel Accommodation on all overnight, short & longs breaks (some with leisure facilities).
- Entertainment provided on all overnight tours
- Admission charges to heritage sites
- Evening meal, morning coffee and scones on all day tours
- Luxury coaches with friendly staff
For booking enquiry contact Annmarie at Email: email@example.com