Our Birr Castle & Demense tour takes us on a visit to the present structure of Birr Castle dating back to 1810
The castle's main claim to fame is its huge Telescope. Built in 1825 this enormous feat of engineering was until 1917 the largest telescope in the world.
The gardens are world beaters too, here stands one of the greatest displays of magnolia in Ireland, plus what is reputedly the oldest box hedge in the world.
All of our tours can be customised to meet your needs, just contact us for more information
- Pick up from your local centre, Airport or Ferry Port
- Tours accompanied by Failte Ireland Guide with Commentary
- Dinner B&B at a 4 star Hotel Accommodation on all overnight, short & longs breaks (some with leisure facilities).
- Entertainment provided on all overnight tours
- Admission charges to heritage sites
- Evening meal, morning coffee and scones on all day tours
- Luxury coaches with friendly staff
For booking enquiry contact Annmarie at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birr Castle & Demense