Newgrange on Ireland's Ancient East is most reflected in this World Unesco Heritage Site. Situated in the Boyne Valley Region of Co. Meath, on the banks of the Boyne River, this ancient site dates to c.3200BC which predates the pyramids
The large base is 80m in diameter and surrounded by 97stones many of which are inscribed with Neolithic art. One of the most notable features of Newgrange is the opening or 'roofbox' situated above the passage entrance. On 21st Dec, at dawn, the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year, a beam of light beams through the opening lighting up the chamber inside. In Neolithic culture,this was the beginning of a new year.This tour can be incorporated with Slane Castle or Battle of the Boyne Visitor Centre.
All of our tours can be customised to meet your needs, just contact us for more information
- Pick up from your local centre, Airport or Ferry Port
- Tours accompanied by Failte Ireland Guide with Commentary
- Dinner B&B at a 4 star Hotel Accommodation on all overnight, short & longs breaks (some with leisure facilities).
- Entertainment provided on all overnight tours
- Admission charges to heritage sites
- Evening meal, morning coffee and scones on all day tours
- Luxury coaches with friendly staff
For booking enquiry contact Annmarie at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org