Seamus Heaney the ‘Home Place’ celebrating the life and literature of the poet and Nobel Laureate who was one of Ireland’s greatest writers.
If your group would like to visit the ‘Home Place’ the new visitor center dedicated to the life Work of Seamus Heaney we can take you there to immerse yourself in the atmospheric world of Seamus Heaney, and explore through his words and imagination the people and place that so inspired him.
Heaney, who passed 2013 aged 74, was regarded as Ireland’s best poet since WB Yeats. From his seminal collection, Death of Naturalist, his works were loved the world over and many of his most popular works were translations including The Testament of Cresseid and his best-selling version of Beowulf.
Seamus Heaney tours can be customised to meet your needs
- luxury coach
- Pick up from your local center, Airport or Ferry Port
- Tours accompanied by Failte Ireland Guide with Commentary
- Morning tea/coffee/scone
- 4 Course evening meal on return.
- Admission charges to heritage sites
- Luxury coaches with friendly staff
€65 by luxury coach